Monday, January 26, 2009

Incrediably Tired!!

I am so incredibly tired right now! I am writing to keep myself awake for a bit longer because I have to go take care of a major issue.

I worked a twelve hour shift last night. It was the most boring evening I think I have ever worked in the ER. I truly think we saw 20 patients all night! I'm not complaining, I'm just not used to the ER not being very busy.

I usually get my rooms stocked early in the morning when things have slowed down, but last night I was done by 8:30 pm. What a shocker!!!! Then I had no clue what to get myself into, so I decided to try to come up with a topic for my history project. I think I have decided to do my project on the similarities and differences of The Great Depression and the Financial Crisis we are in today. What do you think?

I was sitting there this evening and had an epiphany! I thought to myself, this financial situation is very similar to the Great Depression. During the Great Depression, our country was in war and had been for some time under the reign of Hoover. During this period a new president was elected, Roosevelt, and he had to fix the mess. Very similar to our situation today, right?

So, I start to research the topics and find a ton of information on the Great Depression and today's financial crisis. I was amazed to know just how similar the events are. I'm really excited about writing my paper now, but I may still need a little help. I have been out of the practice of writing papers and hope to be able to present a great paper.

I'll keep you informed on how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment